Opening a LHBS in Wyoming!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyomingBrewer

Reaction score
In Worland, WY to be more precise... Have the funding and required licenses. In talks with a distributor. Looking for a rental space downtown and all thats left is getting stock in. Hope this works out. Nearest shops are 3 hours in either direction and there is at least 1 brew club in the Big Horn Basin Area. Im not expecting to get rich but I hope it makes it. Local folks keep your eyes open for Big Horn Basin Brew Supply!

Good luck for spreading some brew cheer with a new store and bringing other brewers their supplies. I know I can buy for a few dollars cheaper online, but my local shop is 5 minutes from me. Friendly and knowledgeable and I make a point to support small local businesses.

My LHBS last week went out of their way to help me. They left 1/2# of grain from my order on the scale. When I left, Jeff only had my name. He looked me up online and delivered the grain to a house. Not my house, my old address, but went out of his way. Thats service.

Add some brew classes and good inventory and you'll make it!

Wyoming is the only state I have been to where you can buy guns, ammo, liquour, gasoline and cherry bombs from a drive-through store. Good luck with your enterprise! I'm sure you will do well.

I'm up in Basin, will be stopping in next time i'm in Worland. What days and times are you open? Glad there is a local shop finally!

Steve

:mug:Had our grand opening Friday Oct 12th....hours are 10AM-6:30PM M-F and 10-5 Sat. My wife works it on the weekdays till I get off my regular job. I am there after 4:30 everyday and all day Saturday. She does not know that much about brewing so if you have questions or wanna shoot the breeze then wait till Im there to stop by.:tank:

Yeah, there is Dr. Fermentos shop in Casper, still 3 hours away from us in the Basin though.

Understood....I dont expect a fortune. I do hope to advance the hobby and provide our area with top notch service and supplies!

Congratulations. Having the moxy to start any small Business in your *area of expertise* is a true endeavor. I had wanted to own my own LHBS for a while- I hope you succeed marvelously. Here's to Big Horn Basin Brew Supply becoming the next Northern Brewer. Best of luck to you. Cheers!

:rockin:Thank you very much. Like I said, I dont expect a fortune, but a living would be nice! Watch out Midwest and Austin Homebrew...lol

Stopped in today with a buddy, he got a starter kit and ingredients and is ready to go, been bugging him for awhile now to get started. I picked up some hops and an APA kit, pretty good selection and your pricing definitely makes it better than going online and paying for shipping. Very nice shop man, will be back for sure, it's like walking into a candy store haha. Talked to your wife and she said you are doing classes/meetings in the future, very interested in attending and meeting some fellow home-brewers!

Steve

Awesome man...thanks for the kind words and for your support! Keep spreading the brew cheer and word!

Back