opened 1st bottle of home brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronius79

Reaction score
Well guys... I put a bottle of my homebrew in the fridge after conditioning for only 2 weeks. It was a nut brown ale and it tastes wonderful! Feeling good about my first brew turning out good. Can't wait to brew my next batch.

:tank:

thank you. looking for a good extract recipe for a pumpkin ale. anyone got one?

Here's an idea, put one bottle in the fridge for a week, and one bottle overnight, and open them side by side. Is there any difference?

Here's an idea, put one bottle in the fridge for a week, and one bottle overnight, and open them side by side. Is there any difference?

Here's another idea: if you actually want to taste your beer, don't put it in the fridge! If warm beer tastes bad, then you're not drinking good beer to begin with ;-)

hey podz, you have entirely missed my point, but thanks for posting anyway. My point about one week in the fridge, it will put more of the carbonation into the beer.

Ex. I made a Strong Scotch Ale a while back, and with one day in the fridge, they were gushers. So I followed the advice I was given, and left one bottle in the fridge for a week. When I opened it, it didn't gush at all. Give the fridge experiment one try, and see how differently the carbonation is. Then, if you want to be like podz let it warm slightly before drinking.

hey podz, you have entirely missed my point, but thanks for posting anyway. My point about one week in the fridge, it will put more of the carbonation into the beer.

Ex. I made a Strong Scotch Ale a while back, and with one day in the fridge, they were gushers. So I followed the advice I was given, and left one bottle in the fridge for a week. When I opened it, it didn't gush at all. Give the fridge experiment one try, and see how differently the carbonation is. Then, if you want to be like podz let it warm slightly before drinking.

Right, I did entirely miss your point. Sorry, I didn't understand that you were talking about trying to drink your beer before it was properly carbed.

Sure, refrigeration can help dissolve carbonation for very young beer. It's not generally necessary, though, for beer that has been bottle conditioning for 2-3 weeks.

Congrats dude. We're cracking open our first homebrew this weekend and I can't hold in my excitement. It tasted great out of the fermenter, can't wait to see what three weeks of bottle conditioning/chilling has done to it.

Congrats..it's such a wonderful feeling when your first batch is actually good! Not just drinkable, but good. Cheers! That feeling really doesn't go away either. Every batch of mine that I try and it ends up being good, is like a personal victory haha. :mug:

I would love to post a sample. Please forgive my ignorance but how do I PM Revvy? Or you could tell me how to.. unless of course its some kind of newby trick, lol. Hopefully not.. but if you are looking for a description. I'll do the best I can.

It is a Nut brown ale.

It has very nice and smooth malty and mild sweetness to it. Medium carbonation and not too heady but just enough. No bitter after taste just smooth from sip to swallow. There is almost a hint of pecan on the nose and a mild touch of earthiness. Overall I'm really enjoying the flavor.

I would love to post a sample. Please forgive my ignorance but how do I PM Revvy? Or you could tell me how to.. unless of course its some kind of newby trick, lol. Hopefully not.. but if you are looking for a description. I'll do the best I can.

It is a Nut brown ale.

It has very nice and smooth malty and mild sweetness to it. Medium carbonation and not too heady but just enough. No bitter after taste just smooth from sip to swallow. There is almost a hint of pecan on the nose and a mild touch of earthiness. Overall I'm really enjoying the flavor.

ummmmm. That was delicious. Thanks.

Back