Online HBS's w/ no flat shipping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaltim

Reaction score
are there any online hombrew stores that don't have a flat shipping (or a min. free shipping)? For times I want to buy small things, say some stoppers or a bag of dry yeast, my main place AHS, doesn't make economical sense with their $8 shipping for a couple small $1-$5 items. same with my LHBS, it's far enough away, with gas prices, doesn't really save me any money.

I'm set for ingredients for a while, but I just need a few small things.. would be great if I could buy a stopper I need and pay actual shipping, maybe $1-$2.

Pretty sure if you e-mail Ed at BMW he'll charge you actual shipping on small stuff.

Alot of online places that do shipping, actual cost, will be higher or the same than a fixed cost. The reason may be they use exclusively UPS or FedEx.

A mailer will be cheaper, of course, but if it's not offered......

That's probably why someone mentioned ebay. For small items, mail is often used.

hah my brain is so beerwashed.. i didn't even think outside the box to use amazon..

thanks, may try some of the other vendors as well.

Back