Online Brew Supply...Resonable Prices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewpastor1

Reaction score
Does anybody have any suggestions for an online brew supply store that has reasonable prices? My local brew supply is somewhat steep with a lot of their stuff, especially their kits. I've looked at a few, northern brewer being one of them. NB has some good stuff, there are a couple of kits that are between $20-30, but shipping for one kit is $10, so it's best to order multiple kits at once. Any thoughts on a brew supply with good kits and good prices or is this pretty much it?

I have only made one kit beer in a decade of brewing so I can't speak to online retailers qualities in that category. But I have found they all have their own merits. Some have unique products, others have great prices on certain categories, or others have cheap shipping. Or another thing to consider is not paying sales tax if you live in a state that collects them. More beer, northern brewer, Midwest, Williams, and Austin or some that come to mind. However when it comes to supplies I google by the supply I'm looking for instead of going to particular retailers first.

Austin homebrew has free shipping on kits. Northern Brewer runs a lot of promos for kits, so I just wait them out. Morebeer is free shipping if your order is over $59 (they break down items in either free shipping/ pay for shipping categories) The kits fall under the free shipping if spend the $59

The Morebeer kits I've done have gone pretty well, and they offer free shipping for orders over about $60. Many of their kits are around $25-$30, so 3 kits or 2 kits and some hardware is a good order size.

I've recently found Apex Brew Wares. The guys been around for a while, but just recently opened a store front. He's somewhat local for me, 60ish miles, and if I place an order before 1:00 pm, its delivered the next day. He ships quick! $7.99 flat rate shipping. Most kits are $20-$40. He also has a "Premiere Shippers Club", pay $68 and your shipping is free for a year! He's an extremely knowledgeable guy, and super easy to talk to!

I am a big fan of Austin HomeBrew Supply. They have an amazing selection of kits, their prices seem to be about the best I've seen online, they have promos and new recipes coming up all the time, and they ship their kits for free. I've purchased from Northern Brewer as well. The only difference I see is that their stuff seems to get shipped to me faster, even when we used to have to pay for shipping kits from Austin Homebrew, but the difference could just be the logistics of shipping from different parts of the country to Maine. We aren't the easiest or fastest state to ship to.

If you do comparisons of price, if you are just buying kits, Austin Homebrew is probably the least expensive. If you are buying a kit and some other supplies, prices between almost all of them are about the same and once you throw in shipping, it all about evens out.

Morebeer.com they have a great selection. Also they just now started shipping from the east coast too. I can buy 2 kits and have them shipped free.

I use mostly Austin Homebrew Supply, Farmhouse Brewing supply, Northern Brewer. I brew all grain and make up my own recipes. I would prefer custom made kits like Northern Brewer and Austin Homebrew supply offer rather than the commercial boxed kits.

I use the cart section on the sites and add the same products to each one get the shipping added then place the order with the best price. Unless I have another reason to select one, like a product only one offers with a small price difference on the rest.

For grains and hops Farmhouse always is lowest. For equipment Austin wins.

I have also gotten hops in bulk from The Hops Shack.

Austin homebrew has free shipping on kits. Northern Brewer runs a lot of promos for kits, so I just wait them out. Morebeer is free shipping if your order is over $59 (they break down items in either free shipping/ pay for shipping categories) The kits fall under the free shipping if spend the $59

Did you say FREE SHIPPING??!!

Can't wait to get home from work and break out the credit card.

I've recently found Apex Brew Wares. The guys been around for a while, but just recently opened a store front. He's somewhat local for me, 60ish miles, and if I place an order before 1:00 pm, its delivered the next day. He ships quick! $7.99 flat rate shipping. Most kits are $20-$40. He also has a "Premiere Shippers Club", pay $68 and your shipping is free for a year! He's an extremely knowledgeable guy, and super easy to talk to!

I second this. Good prices, selection and excellent customer service. He is my LHBS and has great turn over in merchandise so everything is fresh.

Latest posts

Back