One regulator - Multiple kegs at different carbonation levels - Possible?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rush

Reaction score
So I've got one regulator that goes into a 4-way distributor. I am currently serving at force carbing all of my beers @ 30psi for 24 hours, then 20 psi for 24 more hours, then keeping the kegs at serving pressure which is around 11psi. This keeps my beers well carbonated, but there I'd like to start really getting my kegs carbonated accurately to the style that is in them. Is it possible to keep a stout @ 1.8 volumes and a wheat @ 3.5 using the same regulator? Is the only way to do this to add a regulator on each 4-way tap?

You can do it, with limitations, sort of, a little, kinda....
Assuming your manifold has shutoff and check valves, as it should, shut off the valves to everything you don't want to change the carb level on, and then set your regulator to the desired pressure for the one you do want to change. By opening and closing your valves and adjusting the regulator as you do that, you can get different carb levels. HOWEVER, as soon as you set everything back to server pressure and start dispensing beer, everything will try to come back to that equilibrium in time. So yes, you can do it, but only with restrictions on how long it will last, or which valves can be open at a given time. You could, I suppose, charge one keg to 10 psi, another to 12, (or whatever you want your carb to be), and then shut off the valve to that tank and then re-pressurize at that psi when you have dispensed a few beers. Feasible, but a lot of hassle.

Latest posts

Back