One line pouring slow.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendog15

Reaction score
Maybe you guys can help me out. I’m thoroughly confused. I have a 4 tap keezer. It has a double pressure gauge and a 4 way manifold. Perlick faucets, everything is in top shape. It’s dialed in and pours perfectly.
One of my kegs started pouring extremely slow. Lots of foam, then dribbling out. Alarmed, I checked the keg, thinking the diptube may be blocked. Nope. I hooked up a keg of water to the same line and it still pours very slow. I disassembled the line and faucet, soaked in oxyclean overnight, re-attached and still the same problem.
All 4 beverage lines have the same pressure, about 12 psi. But that one darn line isn’t cooperating. What gives?
IMG_1520972318.687613.jpg
IMG_1520972401.850813.jpg
IMG_1520972436.646163.jpg

Here's my take and suggested next diagnostic steps.

You've eliminated the keg, diptube and posts and potential sites for a blockage by swapping in the keg of water. So the problem has to be in either the gas line from manifold to connector or the beer line from connector to tap.

To discover which is the problem, try this. Swap a beer line from a keg/tap that is flowing fine now with the problem child. If the slow pour problem swaps taps, then the fault must be in the gas side, if it remains on the same tap, then the block must be in the beer line side somewhere.

Double check by swapping gas lines around as well.

If the problem is in the beer line side, could be that the pin in the connector isn't opening the valve in the post fully or there is some gunk stuck in the connector that your cleaning didn't get to.

If the tests indicate the gas line is the problem, I see you have a gas manifold, so if one keg is working, the regulator has to be fine. It could be that something has come loose inside the ball valve and it isn't opening properly, or the gas hose has some blockage. Again the connector might be problematic as for the beer line side.

Hope this helps, trying a logical flow of elimination should guide you to the specific fault.

Here's my take and suggested next diagnostic steps.

You've eliminated the keg, diptube and posts and potential sites for a blockage by swapping in the keg of water. So the problem has to be in either the gas line from manifold to connector or the beer line from connector to tap.

To discover which is the problem, try this. Swap a beer line from a keg/tap that is flowing fine now with the problem child. If the slow pour problem swaps taps, then the fault must be in the gas side, if it remains on the same tap, then the block must be in the beer line side somewhere.

Double check by swapping gas lines around as well.

If the problem is in the beer line side, could be that the pin in the connector isn't opening the valve in the post fully or there is some gunk stuck in the connector that your cleaning didn't get to.

If the tests indicate the gas line is the problem, I see you have a gas manifold, so if one keg is working, the regulator has to be fine. It could be that something has come loose inside the ball valve and it isn't opening properly, or the gas hose has some blockage. Again the connector might be problematic as for the beer line side.

Hope this helps, trying a logical flow of elimination should guide you to the specific fault.

Hey Bruce great advice! Through process of elimination I narrowed it down to the bev line. I finally ended up switching out the beverage connector with a backup I had and it’s now pouring like a champ again!!
IMG_1520986432.969776.jpg

It was this little booger right here. Weird how even an overnight soak in oxyclean somehow didn’t clear out whatever buildup is inside. Hmm maybe this little one needs a bleach bath... thanks again for your help!!

Hey Bruce great advice! Through process of elimination I narrowed it down to the bev line. I finally ended up switching out the beverage connector with a backup I had and it’s now pouring like a champ again!!
View attachment 561983
It was this little booger right here. Weird how even an overnight soak in oxyclean somehow didn’t clear out whatever buildup is inside. Hmm maybe this little one needs a bleach bath... thanks again for your help!!

Take that apart, use a slot screwdriver on the top and turn counterclockwise. Bet you’ll find something. Be careful to not deform the gasket when reassembling (I’ve taken mine apart many times and only ruined one gasket, so it’s uncommon but possible)

Back