One Keg Two Taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fguenther

Reaction score
I'm getting a keezer that has 3 taps. I only have 2 kegs. I want to keg a dry stout and serve it on nitro. I understand I need a nitro tank and regulator along with the faucet. My question is can I serve the same keg, with both taps?

I don't believe having two taps will do what you'd like. When you serve a beer on nitro, you've actually carbonated the beer with beer gas, 30% Co2, 70% N. Then you push it through a nitro tap to get the creamy head.

If you serve it through a regular tap, it would just seem undercarbed and lack the creamy head you were looking for.

I would suggest getting another keg....

yeah. I have 2 taps in a keezer that has 3 slots. I own a total of 7 kegs and am hard pressed to find empty kegs to store my product.

I didn't realize you are "carbonating" with nitro. I just thought it was added into the mix when served. Thanks for the information.

Back