On vacation for a week and hops are looking sad...any idea whats going on?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomascbucher

Reaction score
I have been fertilizing with plantone gardentone 3-4-4. I also have them on a drip irrigator and monitor soil with a moisture meter.

Overall the plant doesn't look bad...just lots of scarring on leave, especially lower ones.

I also have been spraying with Bondie 3-in-1 Tomato & vegetable spray concentrate diluted 1oz in 24-32 oz water in the evenings about 1-2 times a week. 10% sulfer, .25% prytherins.

http://imgur.com/a/x9zj8

Could be too much nitrogen (nitrogen burn) if you are still giving your plant nitrogen. On a podcast I was listening to a grower and he said you should stop dosing nitrogen when the plant is 1/2 the total height it's going to be, this is for established plant 2-4 yrs. Stop nitrogen for a week and see if the color comes back.

On the flip side it could be a nitrogen deficiency. Lower Leaves can turn yellow and fall off, but you say you does each week so it's kind of just a trial and error.

Back