OMG!!! 1" of yeast and trub accumulated on the bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FxdGrMind

Reaction score
Holly smokes! Ok, first time re-using a cup of yeast from 2 day's prior batch.... Fast ferment but not explosive, yet MASSIVE pile of yeast and trub already in 2 day's !!!!

WOW!

Added brew belt to bring up the temp to finnish off the ferment ...

Woooot. Can't wait to try the gravity reading sample...:D:rockin::ban::mug:

I usually get that effect from cooling it down fast. A lot tend to settle out very quickly with an imersion chiller.

Yea I use an IC post Boil and get the same, but this was in "Primary"!!!

Normaly I get 1/4 to 1/2 inch after a week or more but never an 1" in 2 day's of primary ferment.

I guess that re-used yeast just went gangbusters... heck I only added 1cup of the little suckers. Dang they do good work!

Now waiting for them to clean up after themselves and as my 2ndary is full... they will just stay in primary for a few more weeks ... then what to do... Hmm I have kegs available but no spot in the Kegerator... I guess I'll Carb and then place in cold storage topping off occasionally with CO2 as needed.

Any thoughts... Ok not the obvious.... DRINK the beer in the Kegerator to open up room.... :cross::drunk:

Cheers :mug:

Back