Old Guy New to Home Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Kellen

Reaction score
So I started home brewing a few months back in the Appalachian mountains of Virginia. My water source is a fresh mountain spring that many residents in the area bottle an DC tank for their drinking water.

I've dove right in and now have three 5 gal boilers, an Anvil Foundry electric, 3 fermentation carboys, about 160 bottles and now two 5 gal kegs and a 1 year old hop yard.

My personal preference are ales, IPAs, Belgians and well you name it, as long as it does not sell in a 7-11.

Being really close to the Brew Ridge Parkway (home of Devils Backbone) there are many great micro breweries, cideries, wineries and distilleries for inspiration.
20190518_132812.jpeg

So I started home brewing a few months back in the Appalachian mountains of Virginia. My water source is a fresh mountain spring that many residents in the area bottle an DC tank for their drinking water.

I've dove right in and now have three 5 gal boilers, an Anvil Foundry electric, 3 fermentation carboys, about 160 bottles and now two 5 gal kegs and a 1 year old hop yard.

My personal preference are ales, IPAs, Belgians and well you name it, as long as it does not sell in a 7-11.

Being really close to the Brew Ridge Parkway (home of Devils Backbone) there are many great micro breweries, cideries, wineries and distilleries for inspiration.
View attachment 658281

Watch it buddy, 56 years old is NOT old! You are just getting to your prime! Welcome!

Those look bigger than five gallons.
I hope you enjoy the hobby.

Back