old bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gar

Reaction score
I've got a cupple old bottles i use often ive got some from my first brew and some older ones ive picked up along the way. how old is some of your bottles? ive got a faygo bottle in use i wont let go of cuz i afraid ill never see it again.

I've got a hand-blown 4 litre Italian made demijohn that's at least 80 years old. I have a silicone bung and airlock for it. I use it now and then for batch splitting but it's not my first choice.

My two 5-litre brown glass bottles are from the 60s, made in England. I use them regularly for batch splitting.

I bought 24 vintage Fischer Beire bottles with a porcelain swingtops and gaskets for $70 on Craigslist (along with a pyrex carboy from the 1930s and a ton of other homebrew stuff worth over $1,000). I bought it from a retired couple that hadn't brewed since the late 90s and was moving soon. I'm not sure how old the bottles are, but they sell between $10-$15 each on eBay so I rarely use them.

I have two racks of Samuel Smith 12oz clear, with the "ornate" neck.

I have 5 twofours of old canadian "stubbie" bottles from the 60's. Some still have labatt IPA and extra stock ale labels on them and I have 30 one liter allens beverage bottles from the 30's that I like to carbonate wine in. The bottoms are like an inch thick on those bad boys lol!

Latest posts

Back