Old beer new beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryAppleton

Reaction score
Hello, I read an article on dogfish head making a beer from the sediment found in the bottom of an ancient Egyptian beer bottle and I’m wondering if anyone has tried this? I think it’s an interesting idea and could result in very interesting beer but I’m very much an amateur so not sure how to approach this or where to get started.
Thanks Larry

I'm betting we're all stuck on Step 1: "Find an intact ancient bottle of beer"

Cheers! :D
I have a bottle of homebrew in a clear bottle that is like seventy years old. My wife's grandma gave it to me when I took up the hobby. (I think she said her dad made it. )I wonder if I could do something with that? I keep threatening to drink it, but that's probably a bad idea.

I have a bottle of homebrew in a clear bottle that is like seventy years old. My wife's grandma gave it to me when I took up the hobby. (I think she said her dad made it. )I wonder if I could do something with that? I keep threatening to drink it, but that's probably a bad idea.
Did your grandmothers dad used to break into houses by any chance?!! What your describing sounds a lot like my ancient bottle.

Latest posts

Back