Okay, so who's going to NHC 2012 in Seattle??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaK

Reaction score
So who around here is going to the NHC in June?

I'm heading up there on Tuesday night, and hopefully I'll get picked to be a judge (Master and National get picked first, then Certified).

I'm pretty stoked! It'll be my first NHC, so what should I do? And what is your favorite part of it?

Cheers! :mug:

Amanda

i looked at tickets right after it was sold out :( have an extra?! lol

I only got one. :(

So Denny, what should I not miss out on?

I only got one. :(

So Denny, what should I not miss out on?

Well, the seminars, obviously, since I'm the one who booked the speakers! The water panel with John Palmer, A.J. deLange, Martin Brungard and Colin Kaminski will be a high point. Also Stan H. talking about new hop varieties and serving samples brewed with them. There's a seminar on mead and cheese paring that should be really interesting. And of course, Pro Brewer night and Club Night.

I would love to go but missed my chance to get tickets...

Unless advancement into the finals of the homebrew comp gets me in I won't be able to make it.

I have yet to visit Seattle since moving out West so it would have been a really superb weekend.

I'll be there. I missed tickets too but a guy in the club hooked me up with an extra. I did sign up on the waning list and was called so some did open up.

So who around here is going to the NHC in June?

I'm heading up there on Tuesday night, and hopefully I'll get picked to be a judge (Master and National get picked first, then Certified).

I'm pretty stoked! It'll be my first NHC, so what should I do? And what is your favorite part of it?

Cheers! :mug:

Amanda

I'll be there, and it's my first NHC as well. The tips I got were:

1) DO NOT MISS PRO BREWERS NIGHT!
2) Drink. Graze beer soaking food. Repeat.
3) They have seminars?
4) The live radio/TV shows aren't as fun as they sound.
5) Do not forget painkillers.
6) DO NOT MISS PRO BREWERS NIGHT!

wonderbread, I'll be volunteering at the Hospitality Suite on Friday from 4:30-6:30pm, looks like your club's beer list is right up my alley!! Yum!

And drkwoods, I'll be sure not to miss Pro Brewers Night! :)

:mug:

Denny said:
Well, the seminars, obviously, since I'm the one who booked the speakers! The water panel with John Palmer, A.J. deLange, Martin Brungard and Colin Kaminski will be a high point. Also Stan H. talking about new hop varieties and serving samples brewed with them. There's a seminar on mead and cheese paring that should be really interesting. And of course, Pro Brewer night and Club Night.

I've seen John Palmers water talk. That's a lot to digest!

This seminar will be even better and geekier. John's just the moderator. The other 3 guys know more about water that I can even imagine!

Denny said:
This seminar will be even better and geekier. John's just the moderator. The other 3 guys know more about water that I can even imagine!

Damn. Which I were able to make it. That sounds like its going to be epic.

If its 16oz of TIPA then better pop 3. LOL
yea if you add lots of water to the mix and take
These you'll be surprised how much better the next day is. Or I will buy you a beer!! Cheers

Sitting at the Rock Bottom bar right now. Hope to see some of you folks this week.

Just look for me down on the floor.

IMG_3862.jpg

I am so sad to not be heading to NHC, I only live 3 hours away, but having 3 month old son takes financial priority in SWMBO's mind (and mine). If someone can't make it and wants to donate theirs I wouldn't say no :drunk:

I am so sad to not be heading to NHC, I only live 3 hours away, but having 3 month old son takes financial priority in SWMBO's mind (and mine). If someone can't make it and wants to donate theirs I wouldn't say no :drunk:

I don't have a 3 mo. old, but I'll donate my 4 yr old.

Pictures, people! I can't be there this year, so I have to live vicariously through you. Please give us lots of photos, and it wouldn't hurt to see pictures of the swag as well!

Pro brewers night = success. Good brewers were Black Raven, Naked City, Ninkasi, Firestone Walker, Alaska Brewing, etc. There were a lot of bigger brews that were good also, Sierra Nevada and New Belgium brought good offerings. Probably 30 breweries total?

Yooper said:
Pictures, people! I can't be there this year, so I have to live vicariously through you. Please give us lots of photos, and it wouldn't hurt to see pictures of the swag as well!

More pics from today, the Going Pro seminar with Oakshire Brewing, Black Raven Brewing, Elysian Brewing and Heretic Brewing.
TuhY0.jpg

From left to right seated at the table:
Dick Cantwell, Elysian
Jamil Zainasheff, Heretic
Jeff Althouse, Oakshire
Beaux Bowman, Black Raven
PIFcA.jpg

And from Gordon Strong's presentation on Brewing Better Beer:
4yrNw.jpg

Here are a few, including brewing my commemorative beer at Rogue, my Wee Shroomy secondary and Tofu Pale Ale mash. I'll be serving those at club night tonight.

http://s794.photobucket.com/albums/yy221/dennyconn/NHC 2012/

Denny, thanks for serving up some of that Rogue brew you had with you prior to the kick-off here the other day. Great to have met you and I enjoyed that brew. Was that yours or one of the commemorative beers for the NHC here?

Denny, thanks for serving up some of that Rogue brew you had with you prior to the kick-off here the other day. Great to have met you and I enjoyed that brew. Was that yours or one of the commemorative beers for the NHC here?

It was brewed for one of the commemorative beers you get at registration, but we ended up short. It will be served during the awards banquet tomorrow.

Denny said:
It was brewed for one of the commemorative beers you get at registration, but we ended up short. It will be served during the awards banquet tomorrow.

Again, thanks for sharing! Hope to see you again here.

Latest posts

Back