Ok guys here's my label for brown ale.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oneoffcustom

Reaction score
Ok guys here is my label for my brown ale. It was designed by my aunt a graphic artist (I got lucky). ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395960990.675245.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1395961008.619297.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1395961018.617144.jpg

Let me know what ya think.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I like it!
And the fact that your in Magnolia gives you an extra point.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I lived in Magnolia, TX for like 5-6 years! early 88-94! Small country subdivision called Mill Creek Landing off Rt. 1488 just east of town. Never seen so many poisonous snakes in one location as there!

Yeah lol. We revised label to correct spelling. Good eye.

Wow this is really good mate. I really am impressed. Kinda like vintage design

Those are really nice. Your aunt could easily sell her services to the rest of the hbt crew.

Here's my latest label. It's for a witbier scheduled to be in bottles on the 4th of April. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396274318.347357.jpg

Cool Keith. Looks like texas is well represented on here.

Here's a few labels we are playing with for honey ale.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396451114.941734.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1396451124.008037.jpg

Not sure which we will go with. Any opinions?

Although I think all renditions are clever and cool, I am concerned the "Aunt Jemimah" look of the first one, may be offensive to quite a few persons of color. FWIW

Yes. I cleared it with several friends of color and in talks it was ok, but when presented seemed borderline. It was stricken from the choices.

Thank you for double checking, and removing from the list the first choice. I too would like to email your Auntie about a label if possible.

Very nice labels, well done. I think you made the right decision about the label based on a racial stereotype, we have brewers from all ethnic backgrounds here on HBT, so I removed it from the post.

Again, great labels and thanks for sharing them!

I didn't see it as racial at all. She's on pancake boxes around the world as well as syrup labels. It's early Americana.

Well, easier just to strike it from the options, I think.
I know I have some friends that would be fine with it, and some that would not...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397345688.440675.jpg

Uncle sent me a new label for White House honey ale

Back