Oil free turkey fryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubbaK

Reaction score
Did a search and didn't see anything about this model.. Masterbuilt Oil-Free Electric Turkey Fryer20100809 Butterball... Says oil free, using electric radiant heat. My wife and kids bought this for me for fathers day as a brew setup.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002JM1ZN8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I don't think you can heat liquids with radiant heat though.. am I missing something or should it be returned?

Last edited by a moderator:
Return it and get a bayou classic sq10 or sq15 from amazon. Make sure you get a good sized kettle too (48+qt) you'll thank yourself later when you don't have to upgrade from the 36qt some fryer kits come with

I already have the sq15 and I love it. Her thought was to get something to use in the basement during the winter instead of freezing my butt off in the garage..

Something in the basement to use... If your kettle is stainless have her get you an induction cooktop. I've seen single stand-alone burners at William-sanoma for ~200. Won't work with an aluminum kettle though. Or you can try and find some kind of industrial strength hot plate burner.

Latest posts

Back