Oh noes!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mishraile

Reaction score
Sooo... my hop vines are dying. Anything seen this before? They have slowly grown brown and the leaves dried up and crumbled. the cones are still growing as of now, but now that the leaves are gone, I am thinking the cones will be next. Too soon to harvest :(

Not sure what the story is. I have placed compost on them, watered them fairly regularly, they get maybe 65% sun. Previous couple years they didn't do this, but this is the first year they have produced more than a handful of cones.

Any ideas?

Sooo... my hop vines are dying. Anything seen this before? They have slowly grown brown and the leaves dried up and crumbled. the cones are still growing as of now, but now that the leaves are gone, I am thinking the cones will be next. Too soon to harvest :(

Not sure what the story is. I have placed compost on them, watered them fairly regularly, they get maybe 65% sun. Previous couple years they didn't do this, but this is the first year they have produced more than a handful of cones.

Any ideas?

I'm sorry i can't offer any help, but I have to ask, are you former USMC?

I'm sorry i can't offer any help, but I have to ask, are you former USMC?

I am flattered that you ask, but no, I am not. Why do you ask?

also, interestingly enough, the vines have lost ALL their leaves and the cones appear to be starting to dry out, but now new shoots are coming out of the vines... might be too little, too late though.

I am flattered that you ask, but no, I am not. Why do you ask?

also, interestingly enough, the vines have lost ALL their leaves and the cones appear to be starting to dry out, but now new shoots are coming out of the vines... might be too little, too late though.

The title of your post was the signature saying of a 1stSGT of mine. I didn't know the saying was widely used in the civilian world.

I hope things work out for the best with your hops, and thanks for the trip down memory lane. 1stSGT Keyes was a giant among men.

Back