OG help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FEARDIZ

Reaction score
I'm making AHS Belgian Noel and my OG is only 1.076 it's suppose to be 1.90.. somehow something got messed up. I"ve even added the alcohol bost they sell so it should even be higher..
Anyway I've seen that I can add LME to raise my OG.. how much LME and water do I need to boil and for how long to get .02 points??

Thanks
John

1st? is how big is the batch? this affects the lme needed,also if you are over 5g into ferm it's going to affect your reading by dilution of wort.

also AG is a learning experience the more you do it the beter your extraction rates get.

if it's a 5g batch it''ll take @ 3#lme to raise it .02

yes it's about 5.5 gal in the primay..
do I need to boil the LME ?? if so how much water do I boil?
should I just leave it as it?

because you have 5.5g in i'd leave it you made @67% extraction rate(efficiency) which is pretty good for a bigger beer. it's harder to get higher rates for bigger beers cause you lose room to boiloff all the sparge you need to use to extract all the sugar from lots of grains

1.076... I'll share words of wisdom from my wife...

"It's big enough as it is. If you try to make it bigger, you'll just ruin it."

:D

Back