Official WhaleSlayers thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta get in on this. Whats a fella gotta do.

I had to remove part of my liver and get it cryogenically frozen for safe-keeping and give it to hotmetal so that once his fails, he will have a spare one to work off.

That was for one of the openers.

You don't even wanna know what I had to do for some of the others..... *shakes head in shame*

Oh, for shame. But I understand you might scare some of those folks up there with such a massive tool.
hkaaC7v.jpg

They can be dangerous in the wrong hands... Everything turned out fine.

WTF? Was that done by a W/S? If so that sux and hope they are ok.
Shenanigans were involved. Happened a couple of months ago. As I said, everything is fine, just pay attention if you're drinking and trying to throw it like a knife. Didn't happen to me, but to a guy I know. The barb caught his finger on the swing around to throw it. All very dumb, no fault of yours.

Last edited:
I'll make a pic of another one that I screwed up and post it tomorrow. This one has been a royal pain in the butt. I'll get it, I've about figured it out.

Funny, I remember when I sent you the picture you said you didn't think it would be hard to make! 8 months later, I'm still on the edge of my seat. Such trials will only make me love it more. Meanwhile, I've been happily using the extra mace, cause it is freakin' awesome. I figured I'd send you that thank you box once I got the final opener, but I feel bad, since I never expected it to take you this long! Sorry!

Funny, I remember when I sent you the picture you said you didn't think it would be hard to make! 8 months later, I'm still on the edge of my seat. Such trials will only make me love it more. Meanwhile, I've been happily using the extra mace, cause it is freakin' awesome. I figured I'd send you that thank you box once I got the final opener, but I feel bad, since I never expected it to take you this long! Sorry!
No problem, the mace is my favorite opener that I've done. I did think this would be easy but every time I try I screw it up some way.

Wait, so you have a hotmetal opener already and you've waited 8 months for another one?

Wait, so you have a hotmetal opener already and you've waited 8 months for another one?

Yes, I do, though it wasn't on purpose. He made 2 openers for my groomsman as gifts and they got lost in the mail, so he quickly replaced them, sent those just in time and they made it the day before the wedding. Then a couple weeks later the first ones finally showed up. Meanwhile, my opener has been a pain in the ass to make, it seems.

lol... I'm actually not on the waiting list as I haven't spoken directly

Good luck! I may end up finding a better home for the extra whale slayer once my custom opener arrives. Three hotmetal openers is probably excessive for one person. But it is so awesome, it will be hard to part with.

Good luck! I may end up finding a better home for the extra whale slayer once my custom opener arrives. Three hotmetal openers is probably excessive for one person. But it is so awesome, it will be hard to part with.
There are guys in my group with 5-7 hahaha. I have 2, waiting on my third :)

Back