Odd flavor from beer in the lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARock_DK

Reaction score
Hi I have had my kegerator for about two months now. I love everything about except that I am having some off flavors from the beer that sits in the inner lines.

I have a full size fridge with taps through the door type setup. Two perlick taps with about a meter (three feet or so) of beer line the hooks up to the kegs inside.

The beer I pour that has sat overnight or longer in the tubes tastes awful. At first I thought it was getting infected. It's a band aid plastic type taste similar to my early days of getting nasty wild yeast in my beer. So I disassembled everything and soak it in some PBW. Then I hooked up a keg full of star san and rand about 2-3 liters through each line and then let it sit in the lines for over an hour before hooking everything back up for beer. Still getting the horrible plastic taste from the beer and having to throw precious liquid away.

Any ideas?

Some of us are more susceptible to the plastic taste in beer lines. Especially after the beer has been in the lines for a while. I've tried several brands of line, from cheap to pretty expensive. I just waste the first few ounces when I first draw a beer from the faucet. It's a shame to waste the beer, but even more of a shame to drink beer that I think taste funny. :mug:

i had the same issue with mine. I replaced it with Bev Seal Ultra line and my beer is all good now.

Latest posts

Back