Oculto

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beernik

Reaction score
This is a public service announcement so you don't get tricked into buying this AB, brewed the dumb way, attempt at a craft beer ripoff.

I've made an agave Hefeweizen and rather enjoyed it. So I thought this "blue agave infused" beer sounded promising.

Imagine a Bud Light. Add some tequila soaked light oak chips. Back sweeten it with agave.

That's right. A back sweetened beer.

Instead of coming across as earthy, it comes across as a syrupy Bud Light tinged with just enough tequila flavor to make it annoying.

Maybe someday I'll do this beer right with a Vienna lager or something like a Negra Modelo.

Wait. You mean Tequiza right?

00018200029899_full.jpg

Didnt they already make this product and fail with this product?

I like Belgians, but for the most part sweet beer makes me gag. Tequiza is the worst. I just gagged thinking about it.

I had a can the other day with the idea "no way it can be as bad as that guy said". It was as bad as the OP said. Feh.

I figured out the correct way to drink this beer today. I had to keep trying because I bought a 6er.

We are moving my wife's shop today and I wanted a beer before we started working.

I chilled it down to 38F in my beer fridge. Then I poured it into a Budweiser freezable mug. The beer was so cold in the mug it actually formed ice crystals. Then I drank it really fast. Still cloying but tollerable.

Tequiza was our high school "didn't even have a taste for actual beer yet" drink. My friends picked up a 6-pack of Oculto over the weekend for nostalgia value.

Big ol' "NOPE".

My father in law likes this stuff, I had no idea it was AB; sneaky sneaky "MICRO-BREWS SUCK! buy our macro-brews disguised as micro-brews"

I have yet to try it, because, reasons.

Latest posts

Back