Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, I agree with you fins, and I think Cape actually does too, that Lynch has a choice there (and he's come down on both sides of that choice, oddly enough). But a ton of people -don't- seem to get that or agree with that. Dude was fined 50k last year, but told "if you follow the rules next year, we'll waive this fine." So this year, he continued to ignore it, picked up last years 50k plus another 50k for this year, and people came crawling out of the woodwork over how the mean old NFL was picking on poor lil Marshawn. The guy's an adult, he had a choice, he made it, and he's living with the consequences. Shouldn't be a really big deal to anybody but his accountant, but somehow it was. And even now we get people still saying "just leave him alone already." He's got a job to do, just like the media folks, and if he chooses not to hold up his end, he'll continue to get fined. Problem is, those fines will probably start getting bigger (unless the CBA prevents it) as the league's attempt to get him to comply.

I thought it was kind obvious that, after he showed up at media day the way he did, that the league was gonna look for any way possible to hit him. The hat seems a questionable thing to go after, but they probably feel like he thumbed his nose at them so they feel like they need to take some sort of action. Dumb peeing match, really.

They're feeding each other. He is a disposable commodity. It's not that they're letting him be himself. Most teams require their players to do charity work. There is a difference between the publicity of their charity work to the real person. He's bumped up against the legal ceiling doing what he wants in the outside world. He's doing the same on the field. I have a problem with the team not protecting him. Then again he comes from a rough background and wonder what would have happened if there was no football.

And, after reading Cape, apparently he and I are a little bit further part than I figured.

I don't know if Lynch is upset over the choice he's faced with; he won't tell us anything. So it's harder for me to take a hard line like Cape is describing. But the fans who do whine about it annoy the crap out of me.

Dumb peeing match, really.

And that's the part that sets me off.... Who the eff are these guys that they think they can get into a pissing contest with their employer and then think they should walk away unscathed.

Picture this scene....

"Uhhh Hoppy... We need you to attend this meeting and update these folks on this project."

... Then Hoppy walks in, sits down, and refuses to talk to anyone cuz he doesn't feel like it.

And then... Pisses and moans about how unfair his company is because they shticanned him.

These athletes live in a dream world.

And, after reading Cape, apparently he and I are a little bit further part than I figured.

I don't know if Lynch is upset over the choice he's faced with; he won't tell us anything. So it's harder for me to take a hard line like Cape is describing. But the fans who do whine about it annoy the crap out of me.

Like I was just illustrating.... Make up whatever example you want that would roughly be the equivalent in your day job... how do you think your employer would react?

And that's the part that sets me off.... Who the eff are these guys that they think they can get into a pissing contest with their employer and then think they should walk away unscathed.

Picture this scene....

"Uhhh Hoppy... We need you to attend this meeting and update these folks on this project."

... Then Hoppy walks in, sits down, and refuses to talk to anyone cuz he doesn't feel like it.

And then... Pisses and moans about how unfair his company is because they shticanned him.

Hoppy would never work for a company he doesn't own...

Except he knows the NFL won't sh1tcan him. If the NFL was serious about their "talk to the media" rule, the fines would be much higher, there'd be suspensions and/or layoffs.

But no, the NFL likes the publicity from this circus, too.

People that don't follow football for 51 weeks out of the year know "the jackals who talks to the media because he has to, without saying anything." And I'm referring to Lynch, not Belichick. ;)

Lynch should just go full-bore, Ricky Williams 2.0 and give all of his "interviews" wearing his helmet with a tinted face guard. Then go smoke hash in Tibet for two years.

Picture this scene....

That's not the case here though. If hoppy's pimp said you have to BE in an all male gang bang for 5 minutes or be fined, that's all he is required to do. Maybe Hoppy stays for extra cur-rectal-lar activities, but he cant be pimp slapped if he was THERE for 5 minutes. I dont believe the NFL has any rule (yet) about how many words you must speak to the media during that time or what your attitude is to them.

Lynch should just go full-bore, Ricky Williams 2.0 and give all of his "interviews" wearing his helmet with a tinted face guard. Then go smoke hash in Tibet for two years.

It was INDIA! Duh!

Lynch's act is tired. What he said today to the media was nauseating. The media shows up to the press conference wanting to ask him questions and he makes them out to be the bad guy for wanting to do their jobs. Then he acknowledges they're just doing their jobs but says **** like "I don't know how y'all want to portray me" when he's the ******* with these antics and grabbing his crotch when he scores a TD.

I've followed Lynch since his days at Cal and I've been a fan of Lynch the football players. But along with the privilege of playing a game for a living and gettting ungodly rich off the fans money, comes a responsibility. Occasionally, he has to communicate with us...via the media. Tough life fella.

It was INDIA! Duh!

Lynch's act is tired. What he said today to the media was nauseating. The media shows up to the press conference wanting to ask him questions and he makes them out to be the bad guy for wanting to do their jobs. Then he acknowledges they're just doing their jobs but says **** like "I don't know how y'all want to portray me" when he's the ******* with these antics and grabbing his crotch when he scores a TD.

I've followed Lynch since his days at Cal and I've been a fan of Lynch the football players. But along with the privilege of playing a game for a living and gettting ungodly rich off the fans money, comes a responsibility. Occasionally, he has to communicate with us...via the media. Tough life fella.

He did communicate, just not the way you wanted him to apparently.

nothing wrong with trying to get your

B8i8YNrIMAA8m8B.jpg:large

He did communicate, just not the way you wanted him to apparently.

Yeah, he said: Ain't gonna communicate with y'all..then some nonsense about how "y'all want to portray me". I didn't see it on video, but there might have been a crotch grab in there.

LOL...whatever. I like how he plays football, I get the annoyance with the media, but at some point, as a fan of his, I want to hear him say something entertaining. He makes millions of dollars to be an entertainer, hell, Belichick interviews are riveting compared to this guy.

Yeah, he said: Ain't gonna communicate with y'all..then some nonsense about how "y'all want to portray me". I didn't see it on video, but there might have been a crotch grab in there.

LOL...whatever. I like how he plays football, I get the annoyance with the media, but at some point, as a fan of his, I want to hear him say something entertaining. He makes millions of dollars to be an entertainer, hell, Belichick interviews are riveting compared to this guy.

He gets paid to play football, that is his entertainment for us. As far as that goes, name one other running back more entertaining. I will wait.

The media are scumbags and feed off of other peoples success or demise. His interviews are very entertaining. He makes the media his ***** instead of the other way around like we are all used to.

Personally, I do find his interviews entertaining, more so than someone who gives the generic answers. "We played great out there today, but just gotta take it one game at a time, it was a team win, the guys we play next week are sure good, got to play at our highest level"

There's enough of that BS already.

He gets paid to play football, that is his entertainment for us. As far as that goes, name one other running back more entertaining. I will wait.

The media are scumbags and feed off of other peoples success or demise. His interviews are very entertaining. He makes the media his ***** instead of the other way around like we are all used to.

Since his job is governed by a collective bargaining agreement, it's not as simple as "he gets paid to play football". No. He gets paid to adhere to a contract, and being "available to the media" (I'd argue refusal to answer any questions is not availability, but I digress) is part of that contract.

I get the feeling about the media, but at the same time, I'm not one of those people who spends all his free time consuming it all the while decrying it.

Personally, I do find his interviews entertaining, more so than someone who gives the generic answers. "We played great out there today, but just gotta take it one game at a time, it was a team win, the guys we play next week are sure good, got to play at our highest level"

There's enough of that BS already.

Fair enough. I do like the guy. I wish he'd come up with something more entertaining then that to handle it though. A few quips here and there would totally disarm the whole situation and make him more likeable, but the longer he plays this game and does things like grab his crotch and virtually dare the league to fine him, the worse he looks.

Back