O2 free transfer using the Sterile Siphon Starter...Problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugAC

Reaction score
So i've attempted this 5 times now, and still have issues. I use the sterile siphon starter and hook it up with a swivel barb to a liquid quick disconnect on the keg and it has yet to work. I tried it recently with 2 beers. First beer was an NEIPA. I hooked up the siphon starter, pushed some CO2 through the carboy cap fitting that allows the siphon to begin. And the line fills with beer and then stops once it reaches the disconnect. So, being it's a heavily hopped beer, i just assumed the hop granules were clogging the disconnect. So i removed the disconnect and just racked into the keg like normal.
The next day, i had a coconut porter i kegged. This was a much "cleaner" beer than the NEIPA, with little to no particulates. Same result.

Any advice?

Are you releasing pressure on the keg? Open the pressure relief valve or hook up a gas disconnect

Are you releasing pressure on the keg? Open the pressure relief valve or hook up a gas disconnect
Yes i am. I leave the valve open when attempting a transfer. The only thing i'm not doing, is using the siphon clamps.
Maybe this is my problem.

Latest posts

Back