Nut browns taste like.... What nut?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamman1368

Reaction score
My friend who's great at photoshop is trying to make a label for my latest nut brown. But, he wants to know what nut a nut brown tastes like. I really don't know what to tell him! Any thoughts???

Thanks and cheers!

A nut brown doesn't taste like nuts. It's supposed to represent the color of nut.

You can get a nutty flavor via chocolate malt, which IS used in brown ales.

I don't think you can narrow it down to a specific type of nut (left, right, shaved or hairy??)...

That's the problem I'm having though. I know nut browns don't actually have nuts in them, or are really associated with nuts at all (aside from color), but he wants a nut to base this label on. So, what nut would you say is the closest nut that tastes like a nut brown?

I'd go with the acorn as well.

That being said a buddy of mine made a Nut Brown with Hazelnut extract and there was a subtle hint of hazelnut to the aroma and taste of the beer. Not sure if this is possible with any other "nut" extracts as I have not looked into it at all.

Tastes like nut.

nut2.gif

Latest posts

Back