Nother new Albertan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lylo

Reaction score
Wow,Ive been searching through blogs.forums etc. for a long time and this one is by far the best.I've been kit brewing 4 way to long and want to move to BIAB and the info here has helped me decide on the next steps.Thanks alot

My supplies have mostly come from valentines in Red Deer.Very good pricing on wine and beer kits.However the emphasis is on kits.Looking to move ahead on BIAB.

Welcome from another Albertan. I just brewed my first AG batch last week, and so far so good. I like the simplicity of the BIAB method, plus the minimal equipment needed.

Be sure to plan out ahead of brew day what you are going to be doing. Have all your equipment and ingredients handy, keep some sanitizer around, and write out what you want to do and when. I suggest using a fairly simple recipe of a style of beer you are familiar with. I made a Best Bitter style English ale, with simple grain bill and hops. It will come out at about 5% alcohol (I was aiming for 4.5-5.5 ABV). The fermenting seems to be done (I'm doing another hydro check tonight) and will let it sit for a week or so to clear up. The hydro samples I've tasted so far are delicious (even warm, flat and green).

Best of luck on the bag brewing - I haven't even finished fermenting my first batch and I'm already planning my next (Cascadian Dark / India Black Ale). The smell of the steeping grains is really something to be enjoyed, especially when you add in the hops!

Back