'Nother Atlanta Noob..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaFoxtrot

Reaction score
I saw AtlAggie's post this morning and decided it was time to "unlurk" myself. I'm down in the southwest side of ATL in Tyrone. I've been lurking a couple months; reading posts, watching Youtube vid's and reading books - Homebrewing for Dummies and Palmer's How to Brew(Christmas gift from my daughter's fiance').

I'm going to try skipping extracts and go straight to all grain. Almost have everything ready - working on the mash tun manifold right now. First attempt will be BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde - small grain bill and fairly quick turn-around(quick gratification - I hope!) within the next two weeks.

Welcome to the forum! Should be a delicious brew to start with.

Don't let anyone talk you out of jumping right in to all grain... it's not hard, especially if you're able to relax when things don't go exactly as planned. Learn the process and have fun!

EDIT: What are you doing for the manifold? I built mine w/copper & never want to see a hacksaw again. But it was worth it, works like a champ

Howdy to a fellow Atlanta newbie :) Good to know there are other locals just starting out on their brewing adventure!

Welcome & good brewing, PF. I've already downed a case of my 1st ever Centennial Blonde. The water down here seems well suited for that type of beer - easily best beer I've made so far.

Welcome to the forum! Should be a delicious brew to start with.

Don't let anyone talk you out of jumping right in to all grain... it's not hard, especially if you're able to relax when things don't go exactly as planned. Learn the process and have fun!

Not a problem! I like to cook, so this is right up my alley. Only the hardware is different.

EDIT: What are you doing for the manifold? I built mine w/copper & never want to see a hacksaw again. But it was worth it, works like a champ

I built a copper one like this. I drilled 7/64" holes on the bottom side only - used a drill press with a V-block jig to hold the tube. Not too bad - just monotonous. I left the joints on the tee and the section opposite it unsoldered so I could take it apart to clean.

Welcome & good brewing, PF. I've already downed a case of my 1st ever Centennial Blonde. The water down here seems well suited for that type of beer - easily best beer I've made so far.

Sounds great. Which water did you use? Any treatment? I'm figuring on adding a little calcium chloride and a Campden tablet to start.

Back