not enough carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagpiperjosh

Reaction score
i have had my beer in the keg at about 10 psi on co2 for a few weeks now, and its still not carbed very much. should i turn the co2 up higher or what? i bottled 1/2 of the batch with corn sugar and the bottled stuff is perfect.

suggestions

How cold is the keg? Sure your CO2 tank has gas? What style of beer and can you show a pic of the pour?

10 PSI at 45-55F is going to give you 1.75-2.08 volumes of CO2, which is definitely on the low side for an amber.

At that temperature range you'd want at least 16 PSI to get to 2.18-2.60 volumes, and if it's at the warmer end go even higher.

10 PSI at 45-55F is going to give you 1.75-2.08 volumes of CO2, which is definitely on the low side for an amber.

At that temperature range you'd want at least 16 PSI to get to 2.18-2.60 volumes, and if it's at the warmer end go even higher.

Is there a chart for this online somewhere?

i tried to print that so i could put it in my brewery, but it doesn't print in color.. anyone know how to print that in color?

Here

chart.jpg

Latest posts

Back