Not an efficiency problem I promise!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weizer

Reaction score
So, I just started all grain brewing today and it was a hell of a lotta fun. I got the grain for 2 batches and brewed up one batch and just pitched the yeast a few mins ago..

My problem is, I thought I had 3 carboys but I can't find the 3rd(2 of them are currently in use)..so I didn't brew my other batch and now I have a bag of milled grains and 3 different types of hops in zip lock bags..will any of this stuff "go bad" by saturday? I have no idea how long the hops will stay fresh(in a ziplock/in the fridge) and if the grains will be ok for a couple days, until I can snag another carboy. I figured that 2-3 days won't really hurt it, but I'm not sure. Can someone confirm this to ease my mind?

Not a problem. I just brewed a batch with grain milled back in September with no issues. You might toss the hops in the freezer, though for just a few days it probably doesn't matter. RDWHAHB

Latest posts

Back