Nostalgia kegerator and Perlick faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beergirl25

Reaction score
I have a Nostalgia kegerator and because of the sticky faucet, I went out and got a Perlick faucet. The problem is it doesn't fit properly. I know I need a shank. Has anyone done this and know what shank will work? I don't want to dismantle the tower and run new beer lines, etc. I just want to buy one piece that I can attach to the shank coming out of the tower and then just screw the Perlick on. Is there anything out there that easy? Thanks

I just got my Perlick 630 SS today and I am having the same problem.

What is the piece called that it screws into? I'll buy that if I have to just to avoid the piece of crap rear sealing taps.

I did test it and it does seal but the tap is only on a thread or two.

We both need a shank because the teeth don't match up perfectly. Mine works but not well (the beer is warm and very foamy). I believe we need an elbow shank but before I bought the wrong kind of shank the last time so before I buy one I wanted to see if you anyone else has bought one and had success.

We both need a shank because the teeth don't match up perfectly. Mine works but not well (the beer is warm and very foamy). I believe we need an elbow shank but before I bought the wrong kind of shank the last time so before I buy one I wanted to see if you anyone else has bought one and had success.

I have the same kegerator and had to adjust some things when I got it.

How long is your dispenser line (I make mine ~6ft), if you're using the stock stuff they give you it's definitely a bit too short imo and will generate more foam. Have you tried adjusting the thermostat in the back? It took some tinkering to dial it in but I got it working great eventually.

This thread may be of use:
http://www.micromatic.com/forum/us-...algia-electrics-kegerator-really-works-7.html

As far as the shank, I ended up replacing the tower as well (dual faucet setup from micromatic). Great little unit, but all the non-standard stuff they used is definitely annoying.

I ended up taking the entire tower off and replacing the beer line while I was at it. Once I had all the pieces off, I realized that the perlick faucet fits just fine. You don't twist the faucet on. You line it up and there's a silver piece that has the holes in it to turn with the wrench and you turn this piece to tighten the faucet. Don't turn the faucet itself. It should work just fine without any new hardware.

Back