NorthMoon Finally Goes All-Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthMoonBrewing

Reaction score
So fellow brewers, after a year and a half of brewing, I finally took the leap to all grain. I was just sick of spending double the cost on recipes due to having to use extract. I decided once I made the move, I would start building a Kal clone but ran into a problem of not having 240V ran to where I brew at currently. I currently don't have my own place and brew at my girlfriends parents house. So for now, I'm still going to be using gas. I have decided to buy the parts as if I was building the clone still, just not incorportating the electric brewing aspect just yet. So here is where am at so far

MT-bought from coryajohnson- 10 gallon cooler-already had the recircitation port which enjoyed.

Chiller-bought from Blaster_54738- Stainless steel CounterFlow Chiller

New Boil Kettle- bought from Jmark- 20 Gallon Blichmann built to resemble Kal's

Pump #1-bought from DEMON- March 815 with a chugger stainless head

MashTun.jpg

New Boil Kettle 2.jpg

Chiller.jpg

Still waiting on the pump to arrive. I have since bought a HLT-10 gallon cooler, built 4 1/2" high temp rubber hoses with quick disconnects attached. I switched out all the connections on the MLT,HLT to quick disconnects. I bought the barbed thermometer and installed it into the stainless T for the chiller. I also decided to try out my luck with the hop stopper from Kal's site.

Back