Northern brewer american wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't made that exact kit but I've made many American wheats similar to it. I agree with that OG the IBU's may be a bit high especially for the BMC crowd. What does the calculation go to if you just move the cascade to flameout? I think I'd prefer that recipe anyway to get more aroma out of the cascade.

Tomorrow i am brewing NB's american wheat: http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/american-wheat-beer-all-grain-kit.html
I'm shooting for something my BMC inlaws will enjoy. Looking at it in beersmith, it seems a bit hoppy (around 30ibus). Before i reduce the hops, im hoping someone will chime in thats brewed this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I brewed this a few years ago as my first all grain brew. It turned out great but from what I remember I got different hops than were listed in the kit.

You should be fine with this beer for the bmc crowd. I had the most comments with the NB cream ale recipe for the bmc drinkers. I have one in the fermenter right now and I enjoy it as much as they do.

Well, i brewed it up with .8oz willamette for 60 mins and moved the cascade to 5 mins. Time will tell!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I just cracked my first one. It's actually pretty darn good. Just enough character that I won't complain and simple enough that I think anybody could enjoy it. Mission accomplished!

Sorry for the necro - I just brewed this again. I liked it, and my grandfather in law LOVES it. This time though, I did the following:
.8oz willamette FWH
.3oz cascade - 22mins
.7oz cascade - 10 minute whirlpool

Shouldn't change it much, but hopefully will give more aroma as chicky mentioned.

Back