Nooby

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keval85

Reaction score
Hello everyone Nooby here.I got hold of some "Mr Beer" 2 gal kegs.I have 2 gallons of Allens 100% pure canned pasteurized apple juice with 1/2 cup of white sugar and 8 cinnamon sticks fermenting since Mar 18 with 10 grams Lalvin EC-1118 yeast.Just wondering what you guys think will it work or is it headed for the drain? Thanks

It will be very cinnamoney( if that's even a word!). I just bottled a similar batch over the weekend but only used a tablespoon of cinnamon per gallon. Same yeast,etc. mine was dry with a light cinnamon after taste.

So- it should be dry with lots of cinnamon flavor

It will be very cinnamoney( if that's even a word!). I just bottled a similar batch over the weekend but only used a tablespoon of cinnamon per gallon. Same yeast,etc. mine was dry with a light cinnamon after taste.

So- it should be dry with lots of cinnamon flavor
Yes I plan on letting it go dry then back sweeting it.I also have a keg with same recipe with blueberries I boiled with 1/2 cup of sugar in apple juice then blended into a paste.

Back