Noob in VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JnLnNOVA

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have been reading and reading as much as I can on this site, it is so helpful. Many moons ago I was a home winemaker but my spot in the garage was taken over by the SO for plants and propogations. My biggest issue as a winemaker was temp control throughout the whole process. A few years ago we did “this is our year to tour VA/MD/PA breweries” and I caught the fermentation bug again! I have held off as long as I could but I’m looking to jump back in and try brewing beer this time. I’m still trying to determine where and how I want to jump in but I did want to go ahead and say hello and I appreciate everyone taking the time to make this site so informative.

Thanks Sammy - where are you brewing currently? I moved here like 20 years ago from Atlanta GA by way of DFW TX by way of Hickory NC but everywhere I think about moving to just seems to have more cons than pros and so here I still am lol!

Thanks Sammy - where are you brewing currently? I moved here like 20 years ago from Atlanta GA by way of DFW TX by way of Hickory NC but everywhere I think about moving to just seems to have more cons than pros and so here I still am lol!

Currently in Newtown, CT...by way of too many places...originally from westchester county, NY...moved to Salem, then Smyrna, DE and landed here in Newtown...been a hell of an adventure!

Currently in Newtown, CT...by way of too many places...originally from westchester county, NY...moved to Salem, then Smyrna, DE and landed here in Newtown...been a hell of an adventure!
I haven’t spent much time in CT. Mostly passing through on the way to VT and NH for a vacation or two we stopped at that Dbltree in Norwalk I believe. Do you miss the Commonwealth?

Ah, not too far from me in Manassas. We should get together and swap some homebrew.
Most definitely - I need to get busy clearing/cleaning out the garage a bit and make some equipment decisions. If you don’t mind I will probably hit you up with a question or two as I get going.

I haven’t spent much time in CT. Mostly passing through on the way to VT and NH for a vacation or two we stopped at that Dbltree in Norwalk I believe. Do you miss the Commonwealth?

My brother and sister in law live in Norwalk...nice area! I do miss the Commonwealth...very much so, I really became an adult and learned many life lessons being on my own for the first time.

Maybe one day I'll get the wife to agree to move back but for now we're content here.

Ah, not too far from me in Manassas. We should get together and swap some homebrew.

I’m new to homebrewing here in DC but play softball and have some friends out fairfax way. You guys every do a swap or something, don’t forget us district folks!

Also, second the praise for this here site, which has been a real nice thing to have during this horrid pandemic.

Back