Non Beer Options To Put On Tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCasey1992

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently scored some carboys and a 4 tap kegerator (taps included) for only $75. I didn't really need it but at that price, I couldn't pass it up.

With this in mind, my capacity is about to increase from 20 gallons to 40 gallons. Currently, it is only me and one other person in my house and while I plan to share with friends and family, going through 40 gallons of beer would be a challenge to say the least. I know, I know... First world problems.

With this in mind, I'm curious to hear some non-beer options to have on tap. So far, I have thought of the following:

Nitro coffee (finally a good reason to invest in a nitro setup!)
Homemade Soda
Sangria
Cider (Hard and Non-Alcoholic)

Is there anything else you guys might add to this?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Ginger Beer (alcoholic of course - why have anything on tap that's not!)
Hard lemonade
Rum and ........
Gin and Tonic
Carbonated Mead

Also, I notice you have a Berliner weisse in your future brews - A dedicated sour tap might be worthwhile.

I've been enjoying kombucha on one of my taps, makes a nice change from beer. Don't think you'll have success brewing this in a carboy though.
Those carboys will be great for some bulk ages sours and big beers.

Think of anything that would work carbonated. Natural sodas, lemonade, could do spritzers of juices. It’s endless. “If you carb it, it will pour” lol

I try to keep one tap for apfelwein and one for sparkling water with and array of add in flavors.

Back