Nolanbrau: Back in Business!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After about a year and a half away from the hobby (working, raising the kid, etc.), I've got a new brew on the stove right now. :rockin: I'm making Yooper's extract brown ale (with WLP002 instead of Notty). Had very good results with it last time I made it, plus it's a very hands-off recipe. So that's good.

Just wanted to give everyone on the board some props. Thanks to you knuckleheads, I've

That last one cut at least half an hour off my brew time, so SWMBO is happy.

The results will be awesome or terrible, but they'll be beer. :mug:

Bottled it this afternoon after three weeks in the primary. Sort of a comedy of errors (my hydrometer was broken, my autosiphon went AWOL, I ran out of bottles, had to make a fresh batch of starsan unexpectedly). If you didn't know I was rusty from my brew day, you would've figured it out today.

At any rate, I wound up with 52 bottles. Came out looking like this:

IMG_8519_zps19812a94.jpg

Pictured: Not Innis & Gunn​

Which is about how I remember the last (excellent) batch looking. I didn't take any readings, but I suspect it's in the right range. At a certain point, you have to trust the process, use the Force and all that. If anything, it's a little lower FG/ABV than expected, since there was slightly more than 5 gallons of liquid in the fermenter. Which is to say, I botched the topoff.

They're safely tucked away in bins under the stairs. I look forward to cracking one three weeks from now.

Cracked open the first bottle yesterday, and it was glorious.

Beer_zps533de41f.jpg

Color's about right, taste is about right. Maybe a hair sweet, but not terribly so.

Latest posts

Back