Noble hop busrt ipa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

46andbrew

Reaction score
I Have been reading up on hop bursting and really want to try one for myself. I had an idea to use only noble hops to burst with and dry hop with. What do u guys think should I give it a go or since these hops r not your traditional ipa hops is it going to be a flop.

Generally they are not very high in AAs. the result is you will need a lot of hops to get the bittering you want to go with the flavor.

Could be a great beer.

Brewers Gold would be a great choice, but not noble I know. Strong black current flavor with some pine, and actually similar to Chinook in that regard.

US grown Saaz can go upwards of 8%AA. I like where you're going with this, and think if you can get a good boil volume (4 gallons at least) it is more than doable. Saaz would be my go to choice considering it's great all around flavor and aroma.

I was reading that many varieties should be used in hop burst ipas for more complex flavor and aroma. So I was thinking of using all 4 noble hops and using enough to get the AA that I would need to bitter

you could FWH with CTZ or Horizon for your bittering and do the rest with Noble hops

I did a Vienna SMaSH with Saaz and have to say that is a very nice hop

I am using it again this week in a Munich SMaSH

all the best

S_M

Latest posts

Back