No yeast bubbling in my IPA :-(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raspberrywheat

Reaction score
Hi all. Im relatively new to brewing. I (with my more experienced partner) just brewed an IPA, using malt extracts rather than grain. It's in the primary fermenter since last night and is not bubbling at all. We have used this recipe before and it was fine.

My question is, what do we do? Closest brew shop is an hour away (and it's a small one anyway), and we're going on vacation Saturday, so we have a short time frame and lack of resources. Would really appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks, Susan

Just wait. Noticable fermentation can take a few days to start. Just be patient. If after a few days you still see nothing, then crack open the top and look for signs of fermentation or take a gravity reading. If no changes (which I doubt will happen), then just come back and start asking questions then (you'll want to add as many details as possible about your brewing at that point). Odds are though, it should be fine. Also, your bucket may have a slight leak around the lid causing the co2 to be released without you knowing it. Happened to one of my buckets that I was fermenting a belgian wit in. So I took a peek inside and lo and behold, FERMENATION! Best of luck to you :mug:

Latest posts

Back