No work beer line cleaning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DakotaPrerunner

Reaction score
Ok, while it might not be no work it sure is very little work. I am sure this has been done before but here is my take on beer line cleaning.

Parts are just what was laying around the house and a quick trip to the marine supply store for fittings and tubing. The marine supply stores usually have a better selection of plumbing than your local Home Depot.

IMG_20121021_142445.jpg

That's too much hardware for the job, IMO... I just pull a kicked keg out, rinse, mix up a gallon (or two) of hot PBW in it, pressurize the keg (let it sit for a while to fully mix in the PBW) then run it through the line the keg vacated. Rinse keg, add a gallon (or so) of water to it, pressurize and run [some of] that through the beer line. Drain and put a few quarts of Star San solution in the keg, pressurize and run that through the line (I typically pull 1-2 quarts and call it done). Just be sure to get the Star San all in the keg before you put it on the line. Then drain the keg, hit it to pressurize and it's ready to be filled again later. Basically, you're cleaning both the keg and tap set at the same time. :rockin:

Back