No longer only daddy's little girl (clean)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadrupled

Reaction score
Background: my 4 year old seems to love the idea of being a scientist like daddy. She says that she has a "scientist chair", scribbles "notes" and will do other cute things like pretending to study objects. For the record, I have no desire to push this on her, but love that she's so interested in what I do.

My heartache: my 4 year old and I also play a simple guessing game where we share clues with each other and have the other try to determine about what the other is thinking. Tonight, my second-to-last clue was "she's a girl, she's 4 years old, and she's a blood scientist". Of course she knows it's her, but then she tells me she doesn't want to be a scientist anymore and wants me to ask again where I make her to be a teacher in the clue. It's been slowly happening over time, but she's definitely becoming more of a mommy's girl.

In the famous words of one of my buds, "You'll have that."

Don't worry because she will ALWAYS be daddy's girl, she can only be momma's sometimes. I don't get to see mine as often as I would like since the D, but I'm amazed at how much like me at 6 years old she continues to be. She loves to beat on the guitar and piano for hours.

God bless your family!

It's likely a passing phase. She is going to change interests a lot over the next decade and then some. In the end all you will hope for is that they are happy doing what they do.

My girl used to like to help me brew beer. This week she drove a car for the first time. What do you think the odds are that she will play in the garage with dad for 6 hours making beer?

Oh you dear poor man. We should be praying for you. :drunk:

She's 14. I expect to feel safe with her driving. Her 19 yo sister is still driving with us (Never got around to taking her last driving test) and I am just now starting to feel comfortable with her behind the wheel!

I actually can't wait to get Kara out on a back road for practice. I think she will be a very good driver.

Latest posts

Back