No chill brewing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cain

Reaction score
Just tried making my first batch of no chill beer.

Once it was cool, I transferred from the cube to the fermentor by free-pouring into the fermentor using a large plastic funnel in order to oxygenate. I had seen this done on Youtube, and it seems like a good idea.

It is, however, very messy and I feel like the wort dribbling down the side of the cube while pouring is just begging for an infection.

There must be a better way. Is everybody else just using a regular syphon and aerating the wort once it is in the fermentor? What method do you use?

Thanks for any advice.

I boil in a ten gallon pot. It has a ball valve on it. I use a short piece of tubing to go into the fermenter then open the valve. I don't know what a cube is and I don't no chill. I then aerate with an air pump and aeration stone. But before that I just shook the fermenter for about 5 minutes.

When you say the wort is dribbling down the cube, are you saying it dribbles down and into the fermentor?

If so, just make sure you sanitize the outside of your cube before dumping into fermentor. Starsan in a sprayer would work well for this.

Or as noted above, you could just siphon in and then shake the fermentor to aerate.

Good luck

Back