No bubbles no krausen after 3 days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siddharthk

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am new to Home brewing and just tried my first all grain. An american pale ale using White Labs California Ale yeast WLP001. After 3 days i have no air bubbles/krausen in the air lock!!!

Is it over for the beer? Is the yeast dead? Should i throw the batch and start over?

Any suggestions/recommendations!!!

Thanks
Sid

What temperature did you pitch the yeast?

Was it dry yeast? Liquid yeast? Smack pack?

Repitch another package/starter of yeast. Sounds like it is dead.

First off bubbles really don't mean much as there could be a leak in the seal of the vessel or there is not enough CO2 produced to make it bubble. Second, you do not want krausen in the air lock, that would mean you need a blow off set up.

Have you opened the vessel to see there is no krausen? Have you taken a gravity reading to see where the beer is at? Those would be my first recommendations. For all you know it is happily fermenting away.

In a bucket? If so lift the lid and look there for krausen. You could have an air leak and never see any bubbles in the airlock.

If not do not ditch the batch. Give some more details like your brewing procedure, pitching temperature, fermentation temperature etc.

At the moment the worst case is pitching more yeast.

Latest posts

Back