No-Boil Forum Section?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fid

Reaction score
Recently it seems like there has been a huge surge in the number of posts that we are getting from members who are using no-boil kits. Nearly every other thread that I click on is someone talking about mixing a can of A. with can of B., adding brew enhancer, and some yeast. I don't have a problem with this form of brewing but I do feel like every time that a question pertaining to a no boil kit gets posted there seems to be at least a page of discussion where HBT members are trying to figure out exactly what sort of brewing is happening, followed by someone scolding someone for not boiling]] that you avoid boiling their product". I feel like there have been alot of posts lately where someone will ask the OP if they are doing an extract brew or an all grain brew and the OP has no idea what that means. Obviously, HBT is about education and receiving feedback from fellow brewers but I feel like alot of time and energy could be saved/all around better utilized, if we had a no-boil section on the forums so those familiar with the no-boil method can help each other out and the rest of us aren't confusing the OP with questions about grain steeping, mashing, hop additions, ect...

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Here here.

I did that kind of brewing when I started, I didn't know of it was extract or what. But I was 1 can of liquid, plus a booster, plus yeast and ferment it lol.

Back