No beer coming from keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbrewcrew

Reaction score
Hey guys I just tried pouring from my kegerator and nothing happened. I tried to figure it out and disconnected the hose from the keg to the tap to see and I got sprayed in the face. I immediately released the gas from the keg and it stopped spraying. Why did that happen? Why was it not coming through the hose to the tap? Thanks in advance.

I had this happen when a cheap poppet was to stiff. The pin in the QD wouldn't depress it. If you recently changed poppets, that's probably the culprit.
Your qd could be clogged with hops as well.

I didn’t change it, but...lol. The last thing I did with it was I took it apart to clean it. Did I put something together wrong?

Hop matter is usually the culprit. It gets wedged in the poppet, it cant close all the way and.........psssssssssssssssss. All over.

You could depressurize and unscrew post then check the valve.

It happens at least once every couple of months.

Whenever you assemble a post once you've tightened it to the keg riser you should check that the poppet moves easily against the spring resistance. I've wedged poppets on occasion and just had to re-do the final assembly to get them right...

Cheers!

Back