No airlock activity after water being added late

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanethebarber

Reaction score
Hey guys I have read through threads that noobs like myself did not add water to their airlocks but couldn't find an answer to my question. I added water to the airlock wed night for a batch that was brewed on Monday. The airlock did bubble pretty good but this morning (Thurs) I have no activity. I have a wonderful beer aroma and good kreusean (spelling). Is it too soon to move it too my second fermentation? The directions said 4-6 days and it's only been 3. Thanks in advance.

First, don't worry about the airlock not bubbling. All airlock bubbling means is that the pressure inside is greater than it is outside.

Second you cannot put yeast on a time clock. I am assuming that it is a kit, and the kit directions are notoriously bad. Just leave the brew inn the primary for a couple more weeks and then check the gravity a couple of times. If it is stable bottle it up. No real need for a secondary. Save yourself some work.

Sounds like by the time you thought to fill the airlock,initial fermentation was nearly done. It'll now slowly,uneventfully creep down to a stable FG.
Then give it 3-7 days to clean up by products of fermentation & settle out clear or slightly misty.

Latest posts

Back