nitro recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Currently I have a Guinness clone on nitro. I am in the process of building a keezer with 5 taps. Thought is 2 on nitro and 3 on CO2. The Guinness will be a regular. Looking for suggestions for a second beer to run on nitro.
Thanks in advance

Scott

strength3power said:
Currently I have a Guinness clone on nitro. I am in the process of building a keezer with 5 taps. Thought is 2 on nitro and 3 on CO2. The Guinness will be a regular. Looking for suggestions for a second beer to run on nitro.
Thanks in advance

Scott

IDE be interested in this as well. By the way can you pm the clone recipe. Might have to make this a regular at my house

IDE be interested in this as well. By the way can you pm the clone recipe. Might have to make this a regular at my house

The clone is in the recipe section of the forum. Calls for adding 24oz of soured Guinness. My brewing mentor and I did a side by side taste test (we call it research) using canned Guinness as the soured beer and also as the control and the clone is spot on. Of course we repeated the research multiple times lol

Anything you put on nitro will have that beer engine/cask feel. Why not put your house recipe on nitro and alternate. I wish I could nitro my homebrew. I would push everything with nitrogen. Ipa are delicious on nitro.

I recently had an IPA on nitro; interesting to say the least. Might be worth doing that or an ESB, maybe a strong ale. Shoot, throw a Belgian on nitro, never heard of that before.

I plan on putting my black ipa on my nitro tap soon...

Recently had a cream ale on nitro and almost gaged. Not to crazy about light beers on cask/nitro.
Might be from the fact they listed there OG at .035 and 4.5%ABV...HORRIBLE
Isent that 1.000 FG??

I wish i had a nitro spout, if i did i would throw anything dark at it.
Brown (coconut, hazelnut), porters (raspberries,coconut), milk stouts (dry hop with coffee), anything barrel aged. List goes on and on
Not sure about IPAs, love mine all bubbly

I've got a Nitro setup with a stout faucet and have a 8.0% ABV Robust Porter on it now, and it's fanfreakingtastic. I'm also going to be putting an Irish Red, a Russian Imperial (whiskey barrel ages), and a Deschutes Jubelale clone on it this coming fall/winter.

I'd say put anything you want to try on Nitro in it. What's the harm in trying, you might actually find something that is that much better on Nitro?

I have a nitro tap and alternate between a Stout and and Irish Red. I hvbeen putting them in 2 1/2 gal kegs so I switch them out more often. Works for me.

I've got a Nitro setup with a stout faucet and have a 8.0% ABV Robust Porter on it now, and it's fanfreakingtastic. I'm also going to be putting an Irish Red, a Russian Imperial (whiskey barrel ages), and a Deschutes Jubelale clone on it this coming fall/winter.

I'd say put anything you want to try on Nitro in it. What's the harm in trying, you might actually find something that is that much better on Nitro?

Mind sharing the recipe for the robust porter please?

Thanks

Scott

Boddingtons English Ale comes in Nitro in cans... its actually one of my fav. beers on nitro other then Murphys and Young's

Hows the Irish Red on Nitro?

I really like the Irish Red on nitro. I was in Ireland last summer and there was an Irish Red on nitro that gave me the idea. Kilkenny is awesome.

I recently had Victory Hop Devil on nitro. It was amazing! Most of the stuff I've had on nitro have been stouts though.

A few years ago, Founders had it's Harvest Ale on nitro and co2. It was awesome. I'll go so far as to say ANY beer would be good on nitro.

Back