Nihao from lockdown in China

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone else affected by the current Coronavirus outbreak?

• Total voters

Westin

Reaction score
Nihao and Aloha from a Hawaii expat currently practicing “social distancing” here in China. Now at least I have the time to brew a batch!
Thanks all for the treasure trove of info.

How are you, Dragon? aren't you right in the middle of the center of the outbreak?
Yeah, we're not at the epicenter as Wuhan goes, but when our city is the origin and accounts for more than half of cases worldwide, we're right in the thick of it. Stuck indoors 24/7 with my wife, three year-old son, and one year-old daughter. We've got lots of food and a bunch of homebrew (none of it's very good, unfortunately, as quantity has trumped quality since the kids came along). I actually brewed a beer a couple days ago for the first time in almost six months. It's kinda a leftover beer (in part because I had to use S-33 in what was supposed to be a sort of dry APA otherwise), but I'm hoping it's an upgrade over the other beer I've got in stock. Still working on the name. "Just a Flu", "2% Mortality", "Quarantine Ale", and "Anything But Corona" are some of the ideas I've come up with.

Thanks for the update, Dragon. If you aren't holding up all that well then you're doing a good job of faking it. I hope you and your circle of family/friends stay healthy. I liked the last two names you suggested for your recent brew.

Feel free to keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back