Nightmare Before Christmas party brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socalboomer

Reaction score
So, we screwed up our Halloween party, and our friends' flaked with theirs. . . bah.

So we've decided we're going to do a Nightmare Before Christmas party instead (heck, it gives us a couple of months! More time to procrastinate! :ban: ) but just enough time to brew a brew specifically for the party. . .

Which just means I need an appropriate brew. . . My wedding is in 3 weeks so my Stout and my Pale are going to be gone after that so I'll be wide open!

Any suggestions? Floor is open. . . :rockin:

should be "spooky" but also "Christmas-y" :drunk:

well we're not much into sours... But I saw that spam post about the blood beverage thing ( ;S ) and thought that a blood brew might be cool. Well not so much the blood but the red ...

So... What grains can I use to get RED ... Not amber or orange or tan, but red.

Barring that, what about cheating and adding a bunch of red food color to a creamy brew... ?

Thoughts?

The obvious choice would be pumpkin ale, but you're most likely looking for something else.
Maybe a ''hauntingly sweet'' scotch ale? It might be interesting to mix the malty sweetness with some spices to keep in tradition with holiday brews, being as it is going to be the Christmas season as well.

You could make a Berliner Weisse with a raspberry syrup. I've had it with Woodruff before in Berlin. Wasn't bad, just tasted like a green apple jolly ranger. Not exactly my favorite type of beer, but it will give you the red colour.

Back