NHC Solo?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig311

Reaction score
Considering going to the NHC for the first time this year in Baltimore. Good news is the wife is ok with it. Bad news is that she would have to stay home with the kids and I'd most likely be going solo.

Having never been, I'm wondering how that might work out. Any insight from someone who has been would be great!

I went once, Philly 2013, and it was the best place on earth for 3 days, as close to beer heaven as it can get. It will leave a permanent impression with you and a longing for more.

The homebrew parts, Social Club and Club Night are the best.

The only downside is the cost, registration + travel + lodging, it adds up. Maybe split a room with someone else.

Travel together with a few others if you're within driving distance. I'd drive 12 hours to go.

Personally, I'd skip the "banquet." Yes, it's part of the event, but the clapping and cheering gets a little long. Now, if you're expecting to win something you should be there.

Back