NexusOne

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julohan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone been following this phone? My contract ends in February. My friend has the HTC Droid Eris. I have messed around with it. It's awesome. This NexusOne looks even better. Has the new Snap Dragon processor. Android 2.1

The only problem is it comes out January 5th supposedly. But, it will be invites only. So sadly I will have to wait.

I've seen a few articles about it, but I haven't followed it closely because it's GSM-only so would only work on T-Mobile or AT&T. (I like my Verizon service.) The specs look good but new tech always needs some time to shake out the bugs, and Google is something of a newcomer to the phone world. If I had to buy a smart phone in the next month I'd get a Droid Eris; it gets better reviews (among real tech reviewers, not the "it's not an iPhone killer so it sucks" adolescents) than the Motorola Droid and both have had some time in the real world. Until the Nexus One has a similar track record I consider its specs to be vaporware.

Dave

Well its out now. I have never used t-mobile, so I don't know if I will pull the trigger. The plan is good though. If you buy the phone, its only 59.99, which is 500 minutes, unlimited text and data. I may have to try the service out temporarily. If not, the site says it will be released on Verizon in Spring 2010. Here is the site for it.http://www.google.com/phone

I still havent heard if I can renew my family plan and get it. I have been using the G1 for a year and I would love an upgrade (but will miss my physical keyboard)

I would get this right now, but it won't let me with my family plan unless I buy the $529 unlocked version. ARG. my g1 is getting sluggish and boring and old now. I too would miss the keyboard but need to rest my thumbs anyway.

My wife has a G2 and likes it.

I have an iPhone and really appreciate all the little stuff that make it easier to use vs. my wife's phone. Like, my iphone supports Japanese input right out of the box. For my wife's phone I had to spend a lot of time hunting down various applications and setting stuff up to get it working. Also, the security messages that android OS pops up when you install and run software aren't exactly user friendly. It's like they took the worst part of windows vista and put it on a cell phone.

I have been using the nexus one as my primary phone for the last few weeks. It has its glitches and im not a huge fan of T-Mobile but this phone is pretty in incredible. I was using the g1 before that and this experience is much better. I prefer a physical keyboard but the virtual keyboard on this is much better than on the g1 and the voice transcription is very good. I'm using it now. The processor speed is probably its best feature. Im happy so far.

I was going to get the unlocked one, but as always Sprint can not support this phone. Oh well may be time to find a better carrier.

Back