Newbie to wine brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack7

Reaction score
Hello all I am new to the world of wine brewing and am just starting I have the basic equipment and would like to go for the easiest method possible from my research I have decided to make a cranberry wine from cartons of juice(no preservatives) so I am planning on making 1 gallon so here is the ingredients list I have found through my research should this work and if so how many weeks should I leave it for to get maximum alcohol content and I am not planning on placing it in a secondary fermenter.

4 litres of cranberry juice(no preservatives)
900 grams of normal sugar
1 sachet of yeast(5 grams)
And water to take it up to nearly the top of the demijohn
And I also have a tub of stabiliser to stop fermentation

So should these ingredients work or do I need anything else bearing in mind I'm going for a fast and simple wine with a high alcohol content

Thanks jack

Yes those ingredients sounds like a good start. The only thing that I would add to that list is perhaps some nutrients to make your yeast happy. Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the confirmation on that and yes I am gunna go buy some

Thanks jack

+1 on the yeast nutrients. I've had straight cranberry wine that was delicious. You will probably be fine without. Welcome to your new obsession...

Ahah thank you and yes I shall definitely be getting some nutrient now

Thanks jack

Back