Newbie Here!! - First Brew - Bock Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, trying them early lets you truly appreciate what time in bottles does. Make sure your primary is always full so you get a decent pipeline and never have to crack them early. :mug:

Hey! Hey! Hey!
:ban: :ban: :ban:

Can you tell my mood!! :D ;)
We are SUPER excited!!
Tonight - We bought a Family of Shiners...
We bought a 6-pack of Shiner Hefeweizen....

IMG_8387.jpg

Okay.... I wanna get down to it!!

OUR FIRST BOCK BREW IS AMAZING!!
It's so good!
Honestly... We put 2 in the fridge yesterday...
24 hours later... We popped the first top...
WE COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!! :D :D :D :D

IMG_8389.jpg

IMG_8392.jpg

Excuse the last pic... It was "edited" on Instagram & then my computer wouldn't let me upload the original copy of my picture!! :( So Sad. The picture on Instagram makes it darker than it appears to be on the original...
The flavor is good... it's a very buttery , almost butterscotch flavor at the beginning & as it goes down.. it's a bit of licorice.. We decided to call it the "BUDDERBOCK"... We think it fits perfectly!! We think that the BOCK BREW for our FIRST was AMAZING! The carbonation sounds just about right for opening a bottled beer & flavor is PLENTIFUL!! YUM-O!
it's so good! We like it so much!!

Seriously, it's good, guys!! ;)
I am proud of us!! :ban: :rockin: :D ;) :tank:
& I thank you guys for your help during the FIRST BREW!!
It's been a fun ride & good experience!!

We are NOT done!!
We have a COUPLE of tastings to do!!
Two are this weekend - one Saturday & one Sunday!!
I will keep you guys posted & let you know what our friend's think of our FIRST BOCK BREW!! :rockin::tank:;):D

Good Night & Good Beer!

Peace. Love. & Beer.
:mug: CHEERS!! :mug:

JerryCraft said:
Congrats! Nice job!
What are you planning for Oktoberfest?
Jerry

Humm... Actually, we are thinking of doing a hefe & a Saison next.. Its hot enough in Texas that I can just set the Saison on my closet...
There is a Belgian Triple in the fermenter right now... We have 2 more weeks until we bottle the Belgian.. ;)
It's starting to get exciting around here!!

Happy Sunday Funday!
:mug: :mug: :mug:

Today - the hubby & I are going to our friend's house for a beer tasting!!
These are the friends who got us into the beer brewing hobby & we are gonna check out the "BudderBock" with them!

Let you guys know how it turns out!!

Happy Sunday Funday!!
:mug: :mug: :mug:

Back